Friday, August 24, 2007

Good Interview.

I think that the interview went really well. I seem to get so nervous before an interview but when I am in the actual interview I do fine. Joyce the woman who interviewed me was quiet friendly and nice. They are in immediate need so Joyce said that she would be calling back some people for a 2nd interview early next week and then wanted the person to start asap which is fine with me. It helped me I think that in the past I was a home health aide and worked with some individuals with dementia and then worked in a group home for adults age 60 and over who had some mental disabilites and such. I really like working with children and also really like working with seniors. The job is something that I know that I would like and would do well at...it is answering a 3 line phone. The residents have phones in their rooms and due to safety and privacy issues I would not give those phone numbers. It would also be keeping an eye on the people who like to sit out front in the front area and the porch and making sure they do not leave the property.I would have a walkie talkie at all times and say a person was trying to leave I would contact a nurse to come help so I would not have to like run after someone. I could also at times help with some clerical things which is fine too with me. I think besides my resume a few things I mentioned helped....I mentioned that I knew that it a place where they would need people on holidays and besides Christmas Eve I did not mind working and even filling in during the daytime on some holidays. I also mentioned that I would not mind working an occasional Saturday if it was needed. One other thing I mentioned is that I prefer to work evenings which I do so that was also I think a good thing that I mentioned. The only somewhat downer is that it does not pay great but right now I would take I think almost any job that I could do....she said that they do give raises....plus money is not everything and in jobs that are non profit types I do not mind making a bit less. Thanks for the prayers. I felt them.

3 Comments:

Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I'm still praying for you dear MM!!
I hope you get this job, and if you don't, than it only means there's something better for you out there!!
Always,
Crusty~

12:01 PM  
Blogger SpringMist said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:51 AM  
Blogger SpringMist said...

I also hope u will get this job! Have u heard frm thm yet for the 2nd interview? Waiting can be a nail bitting process I know. Hang in there.
And I agree with crusty, there is a career out there tht will be the perfect match for u. And it seems like u are getting closer to finding it.
Good luck.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home