Saturday, August 11, 2007

ED thoughts................

I find myself thinking about now people who do not have ed's eat.....many thoughts reflecting back on my lunch out today with my friend Michelle and also about my eating while I was in the hospital. The hospital served 3 meals a day so I found breakfasts one of the better meals there so now I am back in the habit of eating breakfast which I hope to continue because as people say it really does help my day go better with eating and not binging. I am also drinking more water than pop with the heat and really hope to continue to do that and continue to drink less and less pop and perhaps one of these days soon I will not even keep pop at home. I found out that I am anemic so I need to eat more protein so I want to get back to eating protein at leat a bit every time that I eat. I know too that I do lots better when I eat just a little every few hours so it is good for me to eat like six mini meals and also always combine carbs with protein. I find that I always prefer protein like in nuts or fish then in red meat or such so when I went shopping this week I stocked up on those type of things.
Today at lunch Michelle and I ate at TGI Fridays. We both got salads which were wonderful and then we decided to order two desserts and split each one ane it was really interesting how there was great conversation and great food and I ate most of my salad and wanted to save room for desserts and we split the desserts and there was about a third of each dessert left..now I am NOT one to want to waste food yet I found myself full and able to stop and so was Michelle and left very satisfied and thinking that I got my sugar fix and would probably not want sugar again this weekend. I think too I think I need to change my routines of eating in front of the t.v. I think that I might try to eat out on my patio sometime soon.
I think right now my ed's seem to be that I am binging less but still often overeat. I also though it is often easy for me to not eat all day and then at night that turns into overeating and often a binge...sure sometimes with amount but often with just the quickness of how I eat. I know that I have mentioned this before but I am so so glad to have my computer working again!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome home Liz.....ed is kicking my butt right now too :-(

its a stress thing with me

NancyK

4:08 PM  
Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

babystepsbabystepsbabysteps Mosiac!
You're in my thoughts.
I look forward to catching up on you and reading more since you've returned!!
Always,
Crusty~

6:13 AM  
Blogger jAMiE said...

Hugs! You take care of yourself...i look forward to reading more about you.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home