Wednesday, August 15, 2007

No job

I did not get the job. I did not even make it in the process of getting to an interview since I did so lousy on the tests. The tests that I know that if the testing room had not been chaotic with people chatting like on break and then the woman who was getting out the vacume that even with my being nervous I would have done much better on the tests! The people chatting were not people like myself taking the tests they were employees who I guess decided to goof off in the testing room on his or her break! The first test was typing and I passed that yet still did not do well on it...the spelling test which spelling is a weakness of mine but still I think if I was not so discombobulated with all of the noise and people moving around and such I would have done better to at least pass it...the mouse test I would have aced again if things were not so chaotic! Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo I tried even knowing that going into the place that it has major turnover and is not a good place to work but thought that I would take it until I found something else...interesting enough my mom took me and was waiting in the parking lot and could see into the main area where people filled out paperwork and such and when I got back out said that just in watching what she could see she thought it was too chaotic of an atmosphere for me............so I think I will enjoy some cookie dough and perhaps some ice cream with it. Tonight and for the next few days my "plan' is to except for the two things that I have to do to not plan and do what feels relaxing such as reading lots and on the computer lots and watching mindless t.v. lots and playing with Gracie lots. I have to go to therapy tomorrow just because it being good for me to go especially in times like these I am not the type of person to cancel late minute and such and then on Friday I have to go down to the main bus customer service to get the bus pass situation dealt with.
I know that I always am encouraging people to think of lj's so my litte joys for today are......finding a little spray bottle of perfume that I had forgotten that I had.......my mom bought me lunch at a place I had not been before and it was great food.......Gracie greeting me at the door like she had not seen me in ages. I adore that dog even as barky and needy as she is and has her own issues.......going to the grocery and they had fresh raspberries on sale and Ben and Jerry's ice cream was really on sale....5 cartons for $10.00 so I got myself 3 and my Mom 2 of them.......OH I almost forgot the socks issue! I really really like socks and even sometimes find myself going out in socks to take the trash out and so I am hard on socks. I like white socks....got in a habit of wearing white socks years and years ago when I had lots of operations on my ankle and legs and the doctor said to wear white socks due to the give in athletic socks plus when not in a hard cast and the incisions were still healing that wearing white sockss I would not have the issue of worrying about the dye getting into the incisions...so my friend John has been helping me clean and organize and such and he found lots and lots of socks......so yesterday I washed and dried said pile of socks and I now have 30 some pairs of white socks and about 6 white socks that are not a match to any style but the good thing with white socks is one can mix and match really well. I know I know weird things with socks...when I used to wear colored socks I would like them to be wild and such and a friend and I were in the habit of not having to have them match.....my family all knows that if it is a holiday or birthday I always ask for socks...and they almost always get me socks but try to throw some colored ones in the mix. I am thinking in regards to socks trying to learn how to knit and how to knit socks and if I do that I think it will be back to wearing wild socks again......I could use some wild socks again since I tend to dress very drab and my friend says frumpy....I just do not want to wear anything if it is not comfy plus I do not have anywhere I have to dress up to except for an occasional wedding and I tend to get certain colors in my mind and do lots of the same such as right now clothing I have is lots of purple and lots of black and brown...I ventured and even got a top that was burnt orange and had some pattern on it and people seemed shocked and even kind of went overboard in a kind way to tell me how great it looked. O.K. back to the socks for one more thought....as a kid I used to go barefooted anytime I could my mom even made the rule that October1 -May 1 we could not go outside without socks on and better yet with shoes on but ever since all of the operations and being in a cast and being in bed months dealing with all of that my feet have been more sensative so that is why I wear socks like almost all of the time now....6 operations...cant remember how many casts....about a year mostly in bed about 6 months of that having to stay at my mom's and to think that all was started when I tripped on my carpet in my living room and fell breaking my ankle in three places and my leg in one and dislocating it and such...kind of a funny story....I remember passing out and then crawled to the phone and called 911 and I apologized and said that I did not drive and my roommate was not home and I think that I really hurt my ankle bad and that I needed help please so the ambulance came and I had told them to come to the back door since I knew that I could crawl to open it and the paramedics came in and the first one who came in said mam when your ankle is where your food should be and your foot is where your ankle should be it is always fine to call us . I do get asked and yes at times I do set off metal detectors since in my "good" leg I have a plate and pins and then in the other leg the one injured in above story has a few pins in it still. Funny how things go it made my mood improve to be able to tell folks about the socks and ankles and such..............

3 Comments:

Blogger mg said...

hey liz

i'm impressed that you could spell 'discombobulated'. your spelling must not be too bad!

i'll be praying something better comes along.

4:45 AM  
Blogger SpringMist said...

I am sorry u did not get the job. I understand about the test situation. It is difficult to concentrate under stress with those kind of distractions.

I used to have this Kaplan software study CD where during the practice tests, every couple of seconds, shattering glass sound will be simulated in the background, intended for students to focus during the real exam. However I will be jumping out of my skin everytime I hear the sound!!
I am a lousy speller too.

1:21 PM  
Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I LOVE THAT WORD, discombobulated, never pictured it written down though..I liked this posting. it was painful and peaceful.
I'm thinking of you samename!! :)
Always,
Crusty~

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home