Saturday, August 18, 2007

Weather is BEAUTIFUL..............

Today it is 70 degrees and sunny ! I think that 70 degrees is my favorite temperature. I would really enjoy living someplace where it stayed like between 50 degrees and 75 degrees most of the time. My day started out quite chaotic but keeps getting better and calmer...the chaos is from myself and not outside stuff. I had an appointment today with Dr. Weiss...he is a very wise and caring doctor. We decided for now to keep all of my medications at the dosages that they are now even the raised dosage of cymbalta that the doctor raised when I was in the hopsital. He was able to give me many samples for which I am SO greateful. One thing that I like to make a point of doing is to compliment people when I see them say being great at the job that he or she does or if a parent seems to be a great parent and just to let them know that someone noticed so today I was at the doctors office after my appointment since I had a long wait till Mainstream was picking me up I decided to stay in the waiting area awhile and read before going outside...so in comes a man and his son a teenager (later found out from his father he is 14). One could tell that the teen was having lots of emotional issues going on and was really nervous and such yet watching them I could tell that the father wsa so tuned in with the son with their conversastions and the father rubbing his son's neck and keeping calm like when his son right after they walked in and the dad was checking in the teen said dad can you go with me outside please and the father said that sure he was willing to wait outside with him for his appointment yet would it help the son if he went to the car to get his book to read while they were waiting so the son got the keys and went to the car and got his book and came back in and started reading and asked his dad about something in the book and such and then they went back to their appointment with the doctor...later on the father came out while his son was still in the apointment and I said that I just wanted to say that I thought it was great how intune he was with his son and he seemed to be a great father. He thanked me for the compliment and said that his son was having a very difficult time and that he and the son's mother were going through a divorce and it hurt him (the father) how much the mess that he and the mother had made impacted the son so much. We got to talking about young teens and how age 14 was hard enough in life without other issues going on. So it was a good conversation....the waiting room is very small so it was not like I was trying to listen in and such just the way the room is one hears all that happens. I think I will be wanting to remember to pray for the family. I did take the opportunity to sit outside where the doctors office is....the place where I go for therapy and psychiatric doctor and ed's support groups is at the same place...it is a place where years ago was a huge mental health hospital campus with about 15 buildings on this BEAUTIFUL campus with many many many old trees and much wildlife such as bunnies and birds and deer live there and many places outside to sit and it is just a wonderful peaceful place to sit outside. It is now CFED and still OSU hospital uses some of the buildings for inpatient psychiatric care....there are some charter schools who use some of the buildings and some of the buildings that use to be resedential are not being used right now. Oh just a bit of weird trivia years ago when it was all psychiatric care it also housed some treatment centers and rumor has it that Lucille Ball went there Harding Hospital for treatment for alchoholism.
My morning before that was so chaotic....I woke up and thought that the day was going really well.....gotten up and dressed and laid out my medications and am not a fan of typical breakfast foods for the first meal of the day so made myself a great salad and so settled down to eat it and Mainstream came what I thought was early but I had written down the wrong time so had to hurry and get Gracie inside and could not find my cane so had to leave without it and without having time to put my salad in the fridge nor take my medications etc etc.....I got to the doctors office and called my mom to see if she could check if I had left the cane in he car which I doubted but thought that I would ask and no it was not there so when I got home I found it.............phew what a relief I do not do well walking without it and was thinking if I did have to get a new one would have to order it and use the walker so huge blessing that God answered my prayer and showed me where the cane was. So back home and going to try to fix another salad I think and I did remember to take the medications when I got home so that is also good. Mom is picking me up at 5:00 to go to the Dollar Tree ( really like that store) and to Giant Eagle and then since I have like a 60 cents off gas at Giant Eagle then Mom is going to use my Giant Eagle card to get gas. Well I think that I am going to go fix another salad and enjoy it....I did though think a bit ahead and had a Luna bar in my purse that I ate in the waiting area.

2 Comments:

Blogger SpringMist said...

It is great how u encouraged tht father.
Well have a great day!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

cymbalta-my bigdogg used to be on that..and paxil and effexor..it's so hard to get the body to accept this wonderful aid. I hope it works well for you..bigdogg went through heck and back with those-effexor has been the most effective.
Thinking of you,
Always,
Crusty~

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home