Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I have an interview tomorrow!!!!!!!

I have a job interview tomorrow and I am really exited and hoping that this will be the intervies that gets a job for me! It is with Lutheran Social Services working at Faith Mission as a hospitality person. I know that I would do the job well and I know that with Jesus guiding me and with the skills and compassion He has given me that it would go well. I also know that most people in the U.S. are one paycheck away from being homeless...and I know for myself I have not been homeless but there have been times when if it were not that I was getting help from my mom and from other people I would have been homeless so I do not see myself any better than any of the homeless people.
My pain level continues to be way way more than it was...I have even a few times here lately taken two pain pills instead of one and it helps a bit more but even with twice the pain medication I still am in LOTS of pain...maybe takes it down like from a 8 to a 7 and I do not expect to be totally pain free but I would like for it to be like down to 4 or 5 would be a blessing. I might try to make an appointment with my doctor but not sure if there is much that she could suggest or that I could try. The best option would be for me to get my left knee replaced and then also my right ankle fused.....if I had the knee replacement it due to my weight would be time in a rehab center about 6 months....both of my ankles are bone on bone and the left one has a plate and 12 pins in it an d the other one I have had 7 operations on it and the only thing left to do is to fuse it and with my weight it would be about a 12 month recovery because someone with a normal weight it is 6 months.
I hope today in spite of the pain to get a lot done as far as making phone calls and laundry and such.............

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for your interview!

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that was me, NancyK

6:48 PM  
Blogger Someone Said said...

good luck with the interview.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Trying2BMe said...

I'm so happy about the interview, that means that its a real possibility. Good luck and God bless with that. Sorry about the pain levels though. It's really bad that there isn't more that can be done. Have you tried building muscle in your legs with water aerobics? I know they suggested it for a friend of mine who has issues with her knees and ankles. It helped her when she did it and she weighs over 300... think about it and ask some questions to your doctor, it couldn't hurt.

Hugs and GOOD LUCK!!!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home