Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Interview that did not happen...............

I had scheduled an interview today with a company that is a message service...it seemed like a nice company to work for and was at an location easy to get to and from...and I made it up in time to get ready and get Mainstream and got downtown and the business was on the second floor of the building and there were only steps and not an elevator and the steps were older and not spaced well and on and on....so I knew that I could not do those steps many times so I went upstairs on the steps and told the receptionist that I had a 10:30 a.m. interview but needed to cancel it because of the situation of just steps and no elevator and she said that she would let the person know. I went back downstairs and was sitting outside and someone who worked for the company and talked to me and said that it was too bad about the steps because it was a great company to work for...etc etc....I was reminded again today as I was downtown how many hurting people there are in the world...I mean I do know this but 3 interactions with people reminded me...the young woman who talked to me about the company who told me that she just had a baby five weeks ago and hope that the father would move to Columbus and help her... I was thinking of inviting her to church but she left to go back from her break before I could do that...there was an middle age woman who came running into the Subway and asked if I was using my cell phone and I said not at the moment why and she said please dial this number and she gave me a number and then I let her talk and she told a person she was just a block away and to wait for her and then she said my boyfriend died two weeks ago and I said that was very sad and that I was sorry to hear that and she said he was using cocaine and she did not know it and the friend was taking her to see a therapist and I said that I would be praying for her and she stopped for a moment and then said something flippant about the boyfriend and left...and I have prayed for her a few times...and then a young woman came and sat next to me on the bench outside the library with a bag of belongings and I said hi and she did not speak which was alright and then she said it is hot out and I am going to sit in the shade...which she did and I was going to go get her to see if she needed something to drink or eat but she left before I could....I just have been asking Jesus to have the things that break His heart break mine and I think today I got to see some things that do....................

1 Comments:

Blogger Trying2BMe said...

Sorry that the job interview didn't pan out for you, but it made you available to see all the things you saw. The people you "ran into" are the world. It's a sign that lets you know that everyone has issues in there lives that may they are struggling with. It's shining the light on the fact you aren't alone is dealing with hardships. Darlin', we all have our demons and limitations... the faith comes in believing we can overcome.

Good luck, God bless and tons of love.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home