Friday, September 15, 2006

Food has..............

been getting back in control somewhat and I am sure that it will continue to do so the more I turn that issue over to God on a daily basis and a few times during the day actually. I have been reading a book about living a disciplined life which has been quite helpful and quite convicting also. I have slacked off on reading which I really enjoy and also it is something that is quite needed in my wanting to live like Jesus more and more.....I remember years ago sitting in a 12 step meeting and someone talking about her addictions and how she kept trading one for another one and that she thought when she got old she would be addicted to her rocking chair and I sure do not want to be trading my food addiction for another one! I would like to change the food addiction to those times when it wants to kick in spending more and more time in prayer and reading and seeking God. God is calling me to write a woman who we were friends about 5 years ago and the relationship withered away because of my sinful nature and when she told me that I needed to turn my eating and food and weight over to God I told her that I needed to get more disciplined in my eating and food and God had nothing to do with it which is so wrong now I see that my addictions are things that do need to be taken to God to heal and fix and help us with those areas among all of the area of one'w life. God has also convicted me that I am talking badly about the customers with another person at work who does the same thing...I think that I need to share with her what God has been showing me in my life about that yet I need to be kind and gentle since she also is a believer and would get really angry with me if she thought I was telling her she was doing something wrong so I need to be able to share with her that about my walk with Jesus and what He is showing me and that I am not judging her at all. The place where I saw the orthopedic doctor has a rehab center in the same building and it has a pool and they have water aerobics for people with arthritis and I am thinking of taking some of the classes and then taking what I have learned when I got to Victory's...the classes are quite cheap $6.00 a class and they encourage one to take at least 6 so am going to check into that next week. I did not make it to Central Vineyard this past week so hoping to this week or next.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home