Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Yummy coffee

I am leaving here soon to meet with Kristy my case manager. We are meeting at Borders bookstore and I am going to enjoy a yummy coffee drink and perhaps a cookie or two or might get a sandwich. They have good food. I try to not spend too much money there since I now there once a week and like to get a treat even if it is a coffee like a latte or mocha. I am REALLY trying to stretch my money ! I hope that I can spread one month's money into two months. It is hard for me to do this but I really am wanting to do MUCH better at this so hoping that with my trying to encourage myself I can do this.
I want to also spread out what I spend for groceries. I am in a habit of eating pbj's which at first I got in the habit money wise after losing so much food from being without lights from the storm for a week but now I am really liking them and eating them once a day either part of breakfast or sometimes for dinner or a snack. Mom had gotten me grape jelly which i really like even just jelly bread tastes good to me. What kind of jelly do you enjoy? I will blogl later on most likely to share what goodies I had.....this is an lj for today....playing with gracie....emailing some folks who i have needed to do....computer working is a big joy....cool and sunny day......
back from having a coffee which i got was a mocha and then i treated myself even more and let myself get a wonderful sandwich. it was really good but not something that i want to spend my money on each week...i would rather spend it on a few things and not just one sandwich each week which if i did get it each week at the end of the month i would have spent about $20! there are many things i can get for that amount of money. i think that i will stick to getting the good coffee drink. i would like to get to know the names of the people who work at the cafe since they are starting to know mine just from my friend and i talking. i am horrible at knowing names and remembering them it is embarrassing to me yet it is something that i have trouble with all of my life and...someone i know says if you say there name five times when you are talking to them one is more likely to remember it. john says it helps him remember names better that way. mom is bringing to me some laundry...the washer does not rinse and the dryer does not work so mom is blessing me that we do not have to go to the laundry mat. it is actually easier for her so she does not have to leave home and come get me and go to a laundry mat and wait and such. this way she can do them at her apartment complex when she wants to do them and then will just bring them over sometime when she is out and/or has some other things she wants to bring over to me. she is amazing! i do not know many people who are her age and are so active! she has a birthday next week and she is looking foward to it.....m is going to have a friend of mom's and mom come to her place and show the friend downtown where they live and the loft that they live in.....mom and i are going to go get fancy coffee and split a dessert or two. it should be fun. mom likes doing these sorts of things since she does not need things to decorate and liked to buy her own clothing and those sorts of things. i hope that everyone is having a good day....anyone want to share his or her favorite coffee drink and/or do you prefer just regular coffee?

1 Comments:

Blogger steveroni said...

Hey, Mosaic Mind (oops! I misspelled it!) -grin-

Just wanted to say Hello to another coffee lover. You left a comment on Anna's blog "One Prayer Girl". She's my wife, and we were just discussing your coffee house capers!

cafe au lait-a-roni

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home