Saturday, September 27, 2008

Great fall day!

It is a beautiful fall day! I am hoping to get it together to get my place picked up so that I can spend sometime outside cleaning off the patio. I need to pick up and do dishes and those sorts of things YET my brain is wanting to read more of the book that I am reading which is called "Vintage Jesus" timeless answers for timely questions. I know already most of what the authors are talking about but it is good to be reminded and to see others perspectives on things. Good news is that I think that my mom is going to buy me a new washer and dryer which is fantastic because for one they both are old...the dryer sounds like a freight train and the washer will not rinse well. they MIGHT be able to be fixed but the best thing money wise is to buy news so we do not have to pour money into something that is not going to last much longer.

I am still needing to find somene who can fix my shower. Mom has been quite generous in letting me take a shower at her place and doing laundry over at her place too. Mom amazes me how she keeps going and going and does so much. I do not think any of my family read this blog but in case I will not go into detail but Mom and I are making some really cool christmas gifts this year I am eager to get started.


Life is seeming more back to norm with the electric back and then having the computer fixed etc....Gracie I can tell is even more herself with the week of no lights and such over and my being at my desk and she is under my desk taking a nap..she looks so sweet and calm. I hate to move to wake her up but usually if she has been in a deep sleep she will just go back to sleep or wander over to where I am in and lay down again.

What good books have people been reading? What lj's do you have to share?
Some lj's for me today so far....sleeping in and Gracie sleeping in also...being on the computer...getting into a pattern of spending a good amount of time in prayer before i get up from my bed in the a.m. .....Gracie such a sweetie....grape jelly for my pbj sandwiches which I tend to be eating at least one a day which are cheap and good....getting together with my friend eleanor tonight...i am almost done with my antibiotics and am feeling better.
well i told myself that i wanted to start cleaning by two p.m. so 20 more mintues on the computer for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

So glad that things are back to normal for you. It must have been so hard with no electicity!

It is a rainy weekend here. Enjoy the beautiful day!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Twlight Series is fantastic! I highly recommend then.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home