Saturday, May 03, 2008

I am back home.................

and the rain has stopped and it is kind of a muggy warm day now it is in the 70's the forecaster said when i callled time and temperature. It was a good time at the library overall though I ran into my suprvisor that I worked under when I worked there....and I did fine at chit chatting but was happy when it was over. I started reading a good book and wrote down the title so that when I can check out books I can check this one out...
I need to get my sugar intake under control when I go out where there are sweets available...I had a grande milky way latte - yes it is as good as it sounds. I had them make it with skim milk which was a good choice but then had whip cream on it. I bought two cookies on the way outside to wait for mainstream and they were so so good and so big and again quite yummy. I need to figure out how to let myself have a treat not a few but a treat when I go to the library...if I tell myself I cannot have anything that sets up for a binge later on in the day....so I think for now I am going to let myself have the milky way freeze kind of like a coffee and chocolate and whip cream and such and that is it...except if i get a diet coke....then go make another change and get the kids size when i order it so that it is a treat but not a huge one. I know that I should have eaten more than a protein bar before I left but could not find anything that i wanted to eat. So..................now I am not hungry at all and I think I will aim for eating something good for me and good tasting around 7:00 ish so it will not be too late.
I am thinking a black bean burrito and some carrots and red peppers to munch on also or I might have this frozen mix I have which is pasta and peppers and eggplant and it is so good AND i just remembered I have fresh salsa from Trader Joes that I can add to that..............again YUMMY....

I think that I mentioned this before but again I wanted to say thanks for all the good ideas about what to eat and ideas to help keep track and such. I started last week trying to write it down and it did not go too good so I think that I am going to start tracking another way and that is to write it in a email and keep it as a draft to add onto during the week and then once a week send it to Nan my therapist so we can go over it.....I am going to try to get Gracie to play here in a few minutes.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Your dinner sounds wonderful. I am glad you got out today to the library. It is like me when I go to the railyard. I just need to get out of the house. Take care dear friend and thanks for blogging for us.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

I used to write down all my food. Thanks for reminding me, because that is a good thing to do to help keep track and not eat unconsciously.

I also used to plan my meals for the day ahead of time and that worked really well.

Have a good evening.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

Dinner sounds yummy. The email is a great idea because you are also holding yourself accountable to someone else. That will help!

2:07 PM  
Blogger SOUL said...

sounds like a lot of ppl were eatin burritos lately :))
mine yesterday almost killed me but it sure was good :))

happy tuesday-

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home