Thursday, April 24, 2008

good day.

today was a good day...a very good day! it started out with my finding a pair of sandles that i had gotten in the fall and they were too casual to wear to the wedding of my nephew..so today i wore them. i am the queen at losing things or not remembering where i put things so happy to find them. i had therapy today and decide that i wanted to know what my weight was since i was going to the doctor afterwards and also because i knew i was losing some but had not weighed myself since januray but had no idea that it was 22 and 1/2 pounds since the new year! i was so encouraged me i want to try harder to eat healthy and drink water so i can lose even more. my doctor's appointment was fine. i really like my doctor...she is a fantastic doctor and is easy to talk to and such. i got some bloodwork done we can see how my liver is with all of the medications that i take and also to see if i am going into menapause since i am starting to have some of the symptoms that i am. i had nice mainstream drivers all 3 trips and they helped me with the steps and such because it was a painful day for me legs...not surprized because of rain is expected the next few days and also wearing the sandles which are cute yet not real supportive so will not be wearing them much but they are cute..they are sketchers and are silver colored. i took the other sandles to the shoe place to havfe them cleaned up and polished for the summer and those i can wear more of the time but have to be careful to if i am going to walk lots to wear the more supportive shoes that i have.

i was talking with nan today about food and choices and such so the two things that i plan to work on in may are these things....drink water even if it means to drink it i use some of the no or low calotie flavored ones or keep the generic crystal light with me at all times or mix juice like two ounces with six ounces of water....when i get ice cream to try to get the individual treats or if i get ice cream to get it no or low sugar....i have for the most part stopped buying regular pop for home but now i want to aim for not ordering it when i am out to eat and choose ice tea unsweetened or water....so those are the goals for may. i want to continue to aim for six small times that i eat if it is 3 meals and 3 snacks or if it is a bad day with eating to aim to eat six small snacks....and i want to make sure to keep like the meal bars at home and one in my bag that i take with me and i might get some liquid drinks like slimfast and such to keep on hand also. i am also feeling better with taking the prn medications...i can take it twice a day and yesterday i took it once and i think tonight when i take my night medications i will take it then also...i also have started sitting outside some when gracie is outside so that helps my mood also. i hope this post does not come across as bragging yet i am exited that even when i messed up some days with rotten eating the pounds are coming off...and it was good to have nan and my doctor so happy with me also.

gracie has started doing this new thing which is so funny to me...i often sit on the edge of my bed to watch t.v. and she often comes and hops up on the bed too and then she will want petted and such but then goes around to my back and cuddles up into my back and is like a little pillow and it just is so cute and she also has wanted me more to give her what is like a hug and she puts her face on my chest and then i know i am crazy about her so when she is wanting a hug and to be close i sing a song i made up for her which goes like this a good thing you cannot hear me singing it because i do not have a good voice so it goes " i love my gracie boo...i love my gracie boo...i love i love i love i love
trying this again first time it would not let me post it....weird things lately with blogspots.........

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good For You! My gosh, this is the place to brag! We have so few happinessess in life, rejoice with the good ones! I am new to the blogger sites, and just reading them at this point. I get inspiration from you. I think you could write a book. And to answer the previous blog, I choke down a glass of water before each meal, like it or not.
Did I read somewhere you have another blog about depression or abuse?> If so, what is it called?

5:08 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I'm so glad you've had a good day. I will sleep well tonight knowing you are in a good frame of mind. And oh my gosh about Gracie! Maggie loves to jump on the bed and we have this game of cuddle and rub. It is so endearing.

Thank you for writing this blog. You don't know what it means to those of us that also struggle day to day. You are my kindred spirit in Ohio. We are so much alike it is uncanny!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

Good for you!!! I am so glad you had such a great day and that Nan and your doctor were so happy with you. It must have made you feel so GREAT!

You go girl!

Lena

5:58 PM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

Congrats!! That is a great accomplishment. I'm actually entering into a diet phase/ eating better time. I want to lose some before we go on vacation.

Your doggie sounds soo adorable. My cat does that with me sometimes. Not enough though.

Keep it up!!

10:51 PM  
Blogger mosiacmind said...

Thanks for all of the comments..I appreciate them much. I wanted to answer your question anonymous...I had started a blog going to be more about the mental illnesses that I have and also write about or for the book that I want and plan to write about. I mainly just keep it to myself and just a very very very few people. I need to know the person really well to let him or her read it...glad that you stopped by to read......do i know you at all?

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mosiac Mind,
I happen to find your blog interesting because of my own food issues. I myself am too shy to do a blog, but interested in reading some of them. I just thought that if you had another blog, I might read it. I would NEVER want to get into anything that is too private to put up on the internet. We have never met, although you seem really nice. I'm just a shy one that has been reading with interest. Keep up the good work!

4:47 PM  
Blogger SOUL said...

hi MM..
wussup--
sounds like a really good day-- weights just fallin offa you-- that's fantastic. i know that's not easy. good for you!

all i ever drink (almost) is black coffee, unsweet tea, and water. i used to NEVER drink water.. i figured i got enough in my coffee and tea-- good enough excuse eh?
but i had to force myself to drink it for my health-- or lack of ... and it became a habit-- sometimes, i prefer it over anything else. always at bedtime- or in the evening. once you start and get used to it-- you may like it more than you think.
you have a good plan goin.. proud of ya--

g'night- happy weekend

8:20 PM  
Blogger mosiacmind said...

Anon...please keep reading and if this helps knowing that there are others out there who struggle i am glad. it is fine that we do not know each other. i was not offended at all about the question about my other blog just wanted to explain about it...again pleae feel free to keep reading....

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home