Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Food Issues

I find even though I started this blog to share and get support about my eating disorders. I often write about other things but decided to aim to write more about the eating disorders and how I am doing..........well not good this week. It sounds strange I know for someone who binges and is overweight to say she is having problems eating but that is where I have been some this week. It has been a week where I might eat one time a day and not the rest of the day. I have dealt with ED enough to know that is not healthy and can set one up for a binge. I have been having some days when I eat and overeat but not eating things good for me as a meal such as cookies and ice cream....I do better when I am in this not eating much or overeating some to have some of those meal bars around and will eat them...not quite enough for a meal but if it is having one of those or not eating then if it works for me some days then that is what I do. I just was thinking about today with so much sugar intake...cookies for lunch and diet pop...when I was at the library I had some regular pop and a milkyway freeze which is a cold espresso drink with lots of great things in it and of course today I had whip cream in it! Tonight I ate siome spaghetti with 3 meatballs and a average size of pasta. I REALLY wanted to just eat cookies but did not...now who knows if I will eat cookies later on tonight or not.....so here is a question for the readers what do you do when you do not want to eat at all one day what little things can you eat to make the day at least a bit better with food? O.K. I feel really dumb right now because as I was typing this I started to get cramps SO that PMS is I think part of what is going on with me.....so makes more sense to me now....also I have GOT to start drinking water! I was planning on getting weighted tomorrow when I see my therapist so that later on in the day when I have to meet with my regular doctor I can tell her what I weigh...I can tell that I am losing some weight but I need for it to be more and for me to eat more regular and healthy and drink water. I find it hard to try to do lots of changes at one time so I think my goal for the next few days is to drink water. I just really do NOT like drinking water especially from the tap...I do better when it is bottled..the reasons being is for one thing our city water does not taste good...I have REALLY BAD memories in regards to water and being made to throw up a few times when I was in the ER. I do better if I flavor it with something like Crystal Light but that gets expensive even the off brand gets expensice..............so any creative ideas for drinking water...........I REALLY am open to ideas here....lj's for the day which include some food stuff....reading off somemore of my fines at the library and have done as much as they would let me so will need to pay money now....sitting outside with Gracie on the patio and the warm temperatures and the gentle wind....talking to my friend Michelle and making plans to get together...setting up my ride for Saturday to go to the library again..even though I cannot check out books right now due to my fines I enjoy watching people and reading there...knowing my mom got into the dentist to have her tooth fixed. she had an appointment for mid May but asked to be on the waiting list so she was able to get in today she had a broken tooth and it did not hurt much was just a bother.....well i need to get the clothes from the washer to the dryer and then plan to watch some t.v. and most likely will go to bed early. i have been having to take a prn medication for the bipolar crap that is going on but it does help......

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I have so many food issues too that I never write about on my blog. You know I am bulimic, right? I binge and purge. I can sometimes go all day without eating and will then ruin it all by bingeing on junk food.

I want you to know how much I appreciate your comments lately. You are such a dear friend and mean so much to me. I really do wish we lived closer as I could see us being the bestest of friend. Take care tonight and don't be too hard on yourself. I am thinking of you.

6:08 PM  
Blogger villain820 said...

I can only imagine how tough your ED is. My sister is a dietician and says small meals during the day. Moderation is the key they say.

My downfall is sweets and Coke. I HAVE to have a Coke every morning and a few during the day.

Water is the best way to lose weight. A few years back I switched to water and no soda. I lost at least 15 pounds. I cannot stand drinking it though. Like yourself I like bottled water, cold.

Hormones do play an enormous part for me. I make a calender entry every day to track emotions and health issues. If the symptoms are the same every month I can see what can be changed.

I hope you do not get to down on yourself it takes time. We all struggle with something. Too bad chocolate and Coke taste so good!

Take care. A little pet for Gracie ;-)

6:46 AM  
Blogger mosiacmind said...

Yes Andrew I did know that..ed another thing that we have in common.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home