Thursday, February 28, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIERSTIN

Today so far has been a mix of good conversations and times of introspection. Mom and I went out for a late breakfast and talked some about Kierstin...how I wanted to make sure that her adoptive family's lawyer knew all of my information if she wanted to look me up. I also wanted to know how to pass onto her medical information if I felt it was needed. We also talked some about how she felt it was a choice I could make if I wanted to try to look for her....as much as I want to meet her I feel right now it should be her choice. My time with Nan was good. We talked some about Kierstin and about Archie (birthdad) and I's relationship back then. I talked about all of the different questions that I would want to ask her if I could. My sister M is still having lots and lots of trouble with her eye but she did send me short email that she was thinking of me today and that I did the right thing.
I am so thankful that Kierstin was healthy when she was born. I am so thankful that she was not delayed in anyway I found out when she started school. The first trimester it was my first psychiatric hospitalization and I was put on lots of medications so I had lots of concerns. I am thankful that the lawyer friend of mine who chose the family chose one with the qualities that I wanted for her to have.
I think that I have decided to write to the adoptive family lawyer and share my address and phone number and my sisters and such with him since one could get it easily but just to make it easier for her if she wants to have it. I think that I will ask him if he can give me any info about how she is right now and such.
Thank you blogger buddies for all of the kind words of support and for all the prayers and thoughts. It means much. I am going to make some comfort food and dig into a good book and most likely will take a nap with Gracie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhette said...

I am so glad that you had time with your Mom today & with other people you can talk to. I've been so worried about you but not anymore since I've read your blog.

You are doing all the right things Mosey, whatever your heart needs to tell your daughter can't be anything but right. It is wonderful of you to share your records, etc.

She will find her way to you, in His time, in His time! This day is turning out to be very positive. Enjoy the rest of your day & your time with your sweet Gracie :)

I called the prayer line & they prayed with me for you and your daughter. "Both" of you will be held in prayer for 30 days ...

Take care now.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

Ah, big hugs for you honey. You sound like you're doing really well with the situation. My thoughts are with you.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home