Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday

I was put on a medication that helps with mood swings and a side effect is that many people lose weight on it. I have noticed a loss of appetite which is a good thing. Today I should probably eat more than I have so far I just ate some rice. Today has been a quiet day. I did not sleep last night and have kept myself awake today so that I will sleep tonight I hope. Tomorrow with it being Sunday I have to get up early so hope to get to sleep early. I tried to journal today but the words got stuck in my brain. I did start rereading "Blue Like Jazz" and already am getting some food for thought from it. Gracie has been frustrated with the ice I can tell...she goes out but her paws start bothering her so I call her in and so it is back and forth often times. I think her arthritis is bothering her too.
Mom and I are going to go to a concert at a church tomorrow afternoon. It will be nice to do something just to be out after being in for a few days. I sure will be glad when it is warmer! I do not do well in the winter time when it is icey and snowy and such. I think that the snow is pretty but just hard for me to deal with. I often think that I would enjoy living in a warmer place but knowing me I would be too chicken to move someplace where I did not know many people or have the church body I have now and the support system within the mental health field. The girl aka Gracie is awake I think I will see if she wants to play catch
I have really enjoyed that included in the soundtrack of "Once" is a dvd on some of how they made the movie and the music. I am really hooked on that music. I rarely go buy a dvd but I think that I might buy this one. I am sure that some people will not like it but anyone I know who has seen it likes it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

I am with you. I don't like winter and find it hard to get out and about, but I don't think I would leave here for many reasons.

Hope the new med works better for you and that you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Enjoy the concert tomorrow.
Lena

6:08 PM  
Blogger villain820 said...

I hope the new medication works out. I was anxious when I started mine but they worked out. It is a plus about the weight loss.

We just got a good dumping of snow up here in N.E. It is nice but the temperatures stink.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

I hope the medicine works as it should for you. And I hope the ice melts soon. Poor puppy.

I, too, still can't get enough of Once. Roger surprised me with the dvd (bought half price because its used from the movie store). I've watched it 3 or 4 times now. I have the cd playing every day. It's addicting isn't it?

5:12 PM  
Blogger Forsythia said...

Ouch ouch ouch, icy-snow on doggie feet. No fun. I actually like winter, and feel that here in Maryland, we don't get enough. I grew up in northwestern PA, where we had real winters. However, I guess with global warming and all, even those winters are not what they used to be. Spring is on the way. Meanwhile, hope the new meds help.

3:43 AM  
Blogger jAMiE said...

Oh i am one of the ones who happens to love winter, i'd not do well in a warmer climate.

I hope your medication works too...take care.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Rhette said...

Hi,
Just hoping you're alright? Havn't heard from you ...

TC

3:42 PM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

You okay, sister? I emailed you, so check it and write back when you can.

Thinking about you...

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home