Friday, February 15, 2008

ramblings.............

i have lots of feeling going on this day and was reminded when i read on crusty beef's blog that not having my feelings is not telling the truth. my truth right now is sadness for the tragedy in illinois and that the media makes such a big deal that he was off his medications so making people i think fear of people who struggle with mental illnesses...my truth also is having lots of feelings that right now my doctor and therapist say it is time for me to take a break from looking for work since it is such stress right now.......my truth is that i am having lots of feelings about my daughter who i placed for adoption and the last time i saw her she was four days old when i said good bye and she turns 21 at the end of this month. i will never search for her because i think that is her right to do so or now yet i would like to know how she is and see her even in a picture.....my truth is that even though i have not seen my ex in a few years i find myself missing that person and wonder how c.j. is.........and it is hard when someone you loved and still do does not want anything to do with me even a short conversation. i have not talked in years to except for a brief running into each other and that was short. i think that it is time for my truth to be realized and make contact and c.j. can decide if talking to me is alright or not.....

lj's so far is playing with gracie and seeing how she DELIGHTS in the snow...mom is taking me out to lunch even when i am a grumpy person today.....i am pondering about some crafts that i want to do....i think i will ask mom if we can stop by borders so that i can use one of the gift cards that i have to buy the soundtrack to the movie "once" and perhaps james blunt cd that is kind of new i think......o.k. here is a question for the readers.....who are your top two or three music groups or people.......mine would be U2...Indigo Girls...and the incrdible worship songs that Michael Gallaugher the worship pastor at church writes and leads...i have heard his music for years now and still am so so blessed by him.

9 Comments:

Blogger villain820 said...

The shooting was an awful tragedy and the media is very irresponsible when it comes to the medication "issue". It is a very brave thing to be able to admit certain truths to yourself and others. Bravo! I wish I had more courage.

Music favorites - Aerosmith, show tunes, and Mozart. I can listen to anything.

Have a good day ;-)

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks liz. very flattering.

i'll throw in my faves:
1. U2 (been my favorite now for 16 years)
2. Beatles (such innovators, and yet their music sounds fresh to me every time I hear it)
3. Foo Fighters (i love this band. even though they are modern, they totally rock and seem like really nice guys.)

11:30 AM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

Its so sad that yet another violent tragedy has come about. My prayers go out to the families of the victims, including the shooter.

Being honest with your feelings is an important step in healing. Keep doing that.

Favorite music... Soundtrack from Once (just bought it this morning!), Josh Groban, Wicked Tinkers (Celtic band), and of course the cd my church put out.

2:25 PM  
Blogger mosiacmind said...

i went to borders today and got two cd's both on sale...just like Kelly Jene I bought the soundtrack to "once' and then also bought U2's "best of1980 -1990" i have the cd but cannot find it and since it was on sale and since it was U2 i got it. among favorites i forgot to mention james blunt as a 4th.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Rhette said...

Mosey,
I sent you email, if you have time check it :)

BTW, I have been watching the news about the shooting & you're the first person on any blog I've read today that has even mentioned it. I wish there were more people like you who calls our attention to what's going on & to pray for the victims. It's awful

6:57 PM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

I'm so glad you got that cd. I hope you are enjoying it! I love "Falling Slowly" and "Say it to Me Now". What are your favorites? I love all of it though. Can't get enough!

9:07 PM  
Blogger chach said...

Hello,
I don't have a blog but I read yours and I just wanted to say thank you for remembering the victims of the shooting in Illinois. With all you have going on in your life you were thinking of others and this tragic event. God bless you Mosiacmind

10:40 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

You have a lot going on today and I am glad that writing about it helps you.

Music also helps me when I am feeling blue. I have so many favorites that it is hard to pick just 3. Seems like I have favorites from different stages of my life.

1.Barbara Striesand (her early album are my favorite)
2. Beatles
3. Joni Mitchell

7:01 AM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

Hey you, I wanted to let you know I got your email and I will respond probably tonight. I'm trying to catch up on blogs before getting to some house cleaning. ugh. Take care!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home