Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I AM BACK HOME.........................

i am back home. it was a good choice to go and get some symptoms under control. i am glad to be home. i am sure glad to see gracie and have her back home. i am not sure which one of us was more exited. for paws takes really great care of her. it is kind of intereseting how when we have been apart and after she and i play and she gets a few treats she curls up on the couch and goes to a really long sleep. i kind of do the same things...enjoy playing with her and having a pop and relaxing by either taking a nap with her or do something like be on the computer.
the weather here is snowy and icey...i can handle the snow as long as it is not deep the ice i am not so fond of! i am even less fond of it when i fall...and yes today i fell coming into my place! i am not hurt and i even got myself up without any help. one of the things though was i was down for a few minutes and my hands got so so so cold in the snow and on the ice! it took me a few minutes to be able to feel my one hand. when i got inside it warmed up quickly. i did take a pain pill and some motrin when i got inside also to help with most likely being sore later on tonight or tomorrow.
one thing that i realized again when i was in the hospital is when at times i think my life is rough one can see others who have it much worse than i. i had friends who visited me two times and my mom visited once and if it was not such a long long walk to get the the floor that i am on and if it was bad weather she would have come more but we chatted a few times each day. i heard too of things that i think are miracles...such as the woman who was swallowing pills to kill herself and called a friend in another state and the friend thu an operator was able to contact the ems squad and she was found in time. i due to the weekend and one doctor being off i saw three different doctors all very caring and nice and listened. i also am so so grateful and thankful that i have a strong faith in God and that I know He cares for me. i am not sure how i would get thru life without faith. one other nice thing is that i have been in that program before so they know me and know that i have taken several classes so i did not have to repeat them.
one thing that i am going to need to pray and think about is the doctor and i are saying that perhaps now for awhile it might be best not to work right now and volunteer until i feel less stressed.......good plan yet i dislike having to ask mom for money for things...so trying to figure it all out and i need to pray more about it all. i need to see better options or spending more wisely. it was GREAT to get home and have such support from my blogger buddies! i put some of the groceries away i had gotten and got gracie her water and play and such washing some clothes washing and such and then got on the computer....THAKS for all of the support.
so since i have been away from posting for awhile i think i will make a larger list of lj's for these past few days................

1. having a good experience in the e.r. waiting for a room
2.having a conversation with a nice teen in the waiting area.
3. having the staff know me and accept me and do not think bad of me because i was back inpatient.
4. really great nurses and techs who are compassionate and wise as well as the doctors.
5. not having a roommate the whole time that i was there.
6.i for the most part did not watch t..v. in the evenings which i was trying not to do for lent.
7. in regards with ice cream i ate it once when i was in there and bought some today not really thinking about not eating it so most likely will eat it and it is a pint so just a few times and then back to not eating ice cream for lent.
8. having people in the hospital that i enjoyed talking to and we would do things for each other say like trade dinners if someone wanted something else.
9. people were very kind to help me get a tray and carry it.
10. i really do enjoy doing crafts and got to do that some.
11. one woman who did not talk hardly at all ever talked to me a few times just like a sentence or would say yes or no...it is an lj for me when i think God in times like these helps me have compasion for people and it shows.
12. mom visting even though it was hard for her.
13. mom being so kind to let me call her so much to talk and tell her about what was going on.
14. having maureen and lindey and sara visit and have some laughs and made me feel very cared about and loved and accepted and some prayer.
15. mom's ministrer chad coming to visit and again some great time of prayer and laughter.
16. my food except for the fact that it was not great but anyway the lj is that i only if i remember right got a snack one night so thinking that i might have lost weight.
17.mom treating me to chinese food today.
18. mom going into walgreens to pick up a few things for me.
19. the woman at for paws walked gracie to the car since it was icey and snowy and gracie tends to when she has been there and sees mom's car runs fast and i did not want to fall.
20. when i fell i did not break anything or sprain any part of my body.
21. mom got some caffaine free pop today for me which is great because i have not had much pop at all there and after five p.m. one cannot drink it and so it was good that she got that even though i forgot to tell her to get that kind.
22. i am so relieved that i got myself up and that we did not have to call for help when i fell.
23. blogger buddies
24.when i got home it was not too cold even though i had turned the heat on low but as a funny anything warmer than ice i was thankful for..: )
25having a dream that was unusual but when i have reflected on it i think it was showing me some things about future hopes.
26. seeing andrews pictures of nature.........BEAUTIFUL

it might take me some time to catch up on reading other blogs....hope that everyone is doing well staying warm if you live in ohio or where there is cruddy weather.

11 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

Welcome Back! I have had you in my thoughts and prayers. Glad that it turned out to be a good decision for you to take that time for yourself.

Long list of LJ's... that is GREAT!

Lena

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I glad your time away was productive and that you feel better. Take care!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Rhette said...

Good to have you back! I hope you are doing well & getting lots of hugs from your Gracie :)

God took care of you ... wtg!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

It sounds like your time away was well spent and encouraged you. I'm so glad to see you!

I love the list of lj's, seeing good things during a darker time isn't always so easy.

Take care!

11:02 PM  
Blogger 2sunset said...

Welcome Back,
You inspire me to do my own ljs too!

take care, be good to you.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

Happy Valentines Day!!

12:59 PM  
Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Welcome home Mosiac!! Have a wonderful Valentines Day!!
Love,
Elizabeth

5:05 PM  
Blogger Rhette said...

Happy Valentine's Day Mosey! Hugs to you my friend :)

8:34 PM  
Blogger SpringMist said...

Oh gosh, I was not aware tht u are going through some tough times. I am sorry to hear tnt. I am glad u are doing ok now.
If u don't want tht ice cream u can give me :). I am surprised to hear u follow Lent! These days, not many people remember lent. I used to fast until 8.30 pm n just drink liquid.
I didn't know the rules, I just followed tht regime till I was 20. Tht I sort of gave up (:
Sorry, I had been so caught up in my stuff tht I hv been not here regularly. Take care of urself. I hate staying in the hospital alone though. I will be dreaming of ghost n goblins.

12:16 AM  
Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Happy Friday! I bet Gracie was happy to see you!
Always,
Elizabeth

5:12 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I'm happy to hear you're back home and feeling better. Great list of LJ's. It's always inspiring to see how you look at the bright side of life.

Take care!

Mike

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home