Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday Morning Ramblings...............

I have been up since 7:00 a.m. because I needed to put a load in the dryer since I needed warm clothing to go out later on today....I am NOT a morning person! I am not even a morning person even if I have slept great the night before. Gracie is also not a morning dog! She looks at me like why in the world are you out of bed when it is before ten in the morning....it is almost 11:00 a.m. and I am on my second can of diet pop. Mainstream picks me up in a half hour to go to my appointment at COVA. I typically go there once a week but due to Thanksgiving and then my being in the hospital and then needing to wait till I got that so I have not been for 3 weeks I think it is so it will be good to get back to looking for work and such. I am also going to have them help me find a place to volunteer I think.
Yesterday evening I was at the small group that I go to and we had a holiday celebration and many people brought many goodies. One of the goodies which is a common type cookie in the midwest. I thought it was all over the U.S. but a couple who were there who grrew up on the east coast had never seen or heard of them...........so I am wondering it it was jut them or perhaps other places do not make the wreath cookies...made out of cornflakes kind of like a rice krispie treat and then the flakes are dyed green with red hots for decoratons. So curious who has heard or tasted them before and who has not?
I was in an AA meeting years ago where someone said that she had such an addictive personality that when she was old she would addicted to her rocking chair. I have been thinking about that because I have a new addiction and that is bubble gum...o.k. bubble gum is not harmful like drugs or alchohol but still I do not like that feeling when I feel like I cannot stop something or if I do it will be very difficult. I know just stop buying the gum but it is crazy how I actually probably in the store spent 10 minutes deciding if I was going to buy gum or not and well I did. I am reminding myself that if it helps right now it is alright.........so gotta run finish getting ready........lj's for today are blogger buddies....gracie...diet people....bubble gum....actually getting some things done this morning.

5 Comments:

Blogger Moohaa said...

Good afternoon!

You and I are alike. I can have a good attitude if I'm up early, but my mind and body don't tend to wake up til late morning. By late afternoon I finally hit my stride for the day. Maybe thats why I stay up so late.

I am on the west coast and I haven't seen those kind of cookies before. Sounds interesting!

12:14 PM  
Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

hahahah.. I like that, that even Gracie isn't a morning person..Now I have to say, you remind ME of MY sister..she is definitely not a morning person at all. :)
Great Lj's by the way!
Always,
Crusty!

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE those cookies you are talking about--but I'm born and bred in Ohio.
I am totally a morning person--I start to crash around 4 p.m. How was your trip to COVA?

ljs for today are...one of my students saying his first word (ok, that a BJ), a dog who is happy to see me, warm weather and hot chocolate from Tim Hortons.

~Ariel

2:56 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I haven't heard or tried that Cookie as well. I got a kick out of Gracie chewing bubble gum. I bet Maggie would make a mess with some if she could get ahold of it. Hope you are well tonight friend. Thanks for your comments and emails.

PS -- WE MIGHT GET SOME SNOW THIS WEEKEND! YEE HAW!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes..but if you can walk and chew gum the same time..it really is not harmful...right????

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home