Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Shopping..............

Mom and I went Christmas shopping yesterday and we got it all done I think except for what she is buying me and what I plan to buy her. It was a long afternoon but it was good to get it done. Mom is being kind to sign both of our names to the presents even with her paying for everything. We went to many places but it only took about four hours which for me is a long time to be in crowds and with my knee pain and such but it was a good time with Mom. We went to Walgreens, K-Mart, Borders, Dollar Tree and then went through the drive thurs at Wendy's and Starbucks to get gift cards. Yesterday was sure busy though with church both services and shopping and such.
Tonight one of the small groups that I go to is having a Christmas party...I am really tired because of still having the nightmares and such but want to go hang out with people.
I met with Nan today. We talked some about the nightmares and what might be prompting them. We also talked about how she thought in subconscience my physical pain is part of what is causing the nightmares and also perhaps some memories from the past..............who knows for sure I just am tired of waking up around 3:00 a.m. and dealing with them.
I feel like yesterday being busy and today being busy that I will not have my usual time to read blogs and such so will have to do that another time. I do have some emails that I need to write. oops almost forgot my lj's for today so far....both mainstream drivers being nice...seeing their appreciation when i give them the small individual santas as a very small token of my appreciation of them...hanging out with gracie...the snow is gone....mac and cheese....

4 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

Good for you getting so much shopping done! I can relate with the knee pain, so I know how hard it is to get around and get things done!

Hope you have a great time at the Christmas party!
Peace,
Lena

3:06 PM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

As somebody who has always struggled with nightmares I have great sympathy for you. I wish I could be of help to you.

I'm glad you're done with shopping. I haven't even started yet. ugh.

Have fun at the party! Have you been reading James still?

4:36 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I loved your little joy of Mac and Cheese. My favorite memory of my grandmother was her Mac and Cheese and she loved to make it for me. I am so glad you were able to get so much done today. I wrote you as one of my little joys today. Sleep well friend. And may the nightmares not visit you tonight!

5:20 PM  
Blogger SpringMist said...

Nightmares (: I can relate. I have a Bible by my side so whenever a nightmare jolts me, I try reading some Bible verses to calm me down. But it is hard to go back to sleep (:
So I will be doing all my chores in the wee mornings :)
Chao MM

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home