Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snow and Small Blessings

IT IS SNOWING!!!! I have to say that even though I get nervous about walking in it it is beautiful! It is cold....and one knows that it is cold when Gracie does not want to play in it. Some of the readers know but the new readers(which by the way am so happy abouut) do not know that last January I got laid off from work. I have not worked since then...yet am wanting to work a few hours a week if possible. I am also on disability have to stay under a certain amount. SO I bring the situation up because things have been really tight....my check goes to my condo fee...utilities...doctor and therapist co-pays, mainstream pass and that is it. I get some food stamps but not enough to make it through the month....so I have been blessed to be able to go to the Vineyard food pantry. It REALLY helps with basics and lots of other things . So today mom took me there and I was amazed at what happened. The person in front of me decided that he did not want most of what was in his bag so gave them back....since they have to have certain things in the bags by government orders like protein and such so long story shorter they gave me the bags that they give one person and then the guy said I am going to give you these two bags too and there were two chickens in the bag and then they had DOG FOOD which I really needed for Gracie and it was the kind she loves so that is why I am saying small blessings that are actually big blessings. I see in things like the dog food and such how God knows and cares for what people need....my sister and I call those things God things instead of coincidences.
I am glad to be back home. Mom went to get her hair cut and then plans to go home. I will be glad when she calls and lets me know that she is home safe. She is 79 years old and has better bones than I do...but my bones in my legs and ankles had so many breaks over the years and I think 7 maybe 8 operations on them. She is amazing for her age. I think that after I write some emails and start some laundry that I might take a nap. I did take the pain medication this a.m. and it helped the pain lots. So today I want to finish writing the Christmas cards...clean the fridge...maybe work on some affirmation cards.....oh transfer appointments and such onto my new calander for the new year.
I think that I might get out some music that I have not listened to in awhile...and make some hot tea or cocoa. I think it is a good day...and will continue to be one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

I love that you got some dog food for Gracie. That is a wonderful God thing! He is thinking about our pets, too.

Funny you should say you were getting out music that you used to lisen to.

This morning I went out to my garage to dig out my old favorite albums and have been playing them while I clean. I started to sing to them, and realized I miss doing so.

That has been my lj for today!!

Stay warm,
Lena

11:07 AM  
Blogger mosiacmind said...

What type of music are some of your favorites? I have quite a variety of favorites...I want to try to find some Judy Collins...Indigo Girls and such

11:23 AM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your day. I envy the good relationship you seem to have with your mom. Take care!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

Funny, I found my old Judy Collins Wild Flowers album, so I played that today. Also, Laura Nyro was a favorite of mine. And a couple of my old Melaine albums. These were all from when I was in high school, many, many, years ago! I also like the Indigo girls and a wide variety of musical artists. I will play more tomorrow. Dave Mason, Paul Simon. They all sound like popcorn because they are kind of scratched!

7:47 PM  
Blogger jAMiE said...

I have been listening to some music i haven't heard in a w hile too...nice to be able to.

So happy Gracie and you got some food...blessings, indeed!

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home