Saturday, December 15, 2007

Good day...............

Even with the snow and running on no sleep it has been a good day. I have gotten lots of things done which makes me feel really good. I did get the cards written out just need to address some of them. I cleaned out the fridge. I swept the sidewalk again and put more ice melter on the sidewalk. I got some of my main room cleaned. I played with grumpy Gracie too.......she has been more barky I think that the sleet sound bothers her. It is interesting because she has not wanted to play out in the snow either though she did go out with me and watched me as I swept the sidewalk. I also know that when it is cold out she eats more so she was hungry some so I gave her more food and she was happy...I wish I could be like her and just eat when I am hungry and when I am hungry eat but stop when I am full. She I think is bothered because she likes snow but not the sleet. She is seeming older things such as when I get out of Mom's car and tell her she needs to stay while I get my stuff out she just lays back down and waits...she is my sweetie even when she is grumpy. I wonder lately if her back is bothering her again which is common in the type of dog body she has so I might need to get her medication for it...it really helped her before.
so lots of lj's and some bj's for today....bj's have to due with the food pantry...and mom and i got there and back safely....i found some soymilk that is still good in my fridge.....i was able to sweep the sidewalk twice...i have whip cream thanks to my mom who did not need it anymore so whip cream for hot chocolate sounds so so yummy and the soymilk is chocolate so will probably use that with the powder hot cocoa mix....mom fixed me more of rice and pasta which is also so useful and yummy since i do not have a stove or oven right now...there is a good movie on t.v. tonight.."the notebook" i have not seen it but hear that it is really good.....listening to christmas music on the radio...getting an email from my good friend....diet cherry pop....ice melter forget what brand but works really great....blogger buddies....
i also figured out what i am going to make as far as goodies for next week....some of them will go to church for our 23rd of December Christmas celebration...some go to Bryden Place which is a nursing home for the very poor if you get sick in this city and you are homeless or really poor you will go to Bryden Place...the church I go to has kind of adopted them and different groups go two to three times a week...some have like a little service....some just chat with people....some play games such as wheelchair dodge ball......so we take lots of cookies and goodies to them the weekend before Christmas and also make birthday cupcakes each month some with icing some plain for people who live there who are diabetic...and some i am going to make and give to people as small gifts. Mom and I will be making them together so that will be fun.
I plan to make poundcake mini muffins which are low sugar so diabetics can eat them...making some oreo balls if you have not had them wow you are missing a wonderful treat...dipping pretzels in chocolate and then also for church iceing graham crackers with some candy on them...most kids really like those.
Well I think that I am going to write a few more emails take a hot shower and relax until the movie starts and of course relax with gracie......................: )

5 Comments:

Blogger Moohaa said...

What a great post! So much accomplished and so much to be thankful for. Fantastic.

The Notebook is a great movie.. grab some tissues though, you'll need em!

Have a good night!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Gracie sounds like such a good companion… I’m glad you have each other. And I’m happy you had such a good day.

I’ve never had Oreo balls- what is in them? They sound tasty!

I hope you sleep well tonight.

9:15 PM  
Blogger jAMiE said...

How did you like the Notebook? I haven't seen it yet either but i'm looking forward to seeing it one day....

2:04 AM  
Blogger jAMiE said...

Ps...mmmmm, Oreo Balls...any chance you could post the recipe? I loooove Oreos.

2:04 AM  
Blogger SpringMist said...

I loved the Notebook! Such a beautiful story.

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home