Wednesday, November 14, 2007

PAINFUL DAY

Today has been one of the very worse pain that I have felt in a very long time! I did go to the hearing screening with mom and she treated us to lunch and then we ran two errands. I had not taken with me any motrin or my pain medication before I left nor did I take any with me which is not a good thing! I came home and the very first thing I did after getting my things inside the door was to take my pain medication and some motrin so hoping here in an hour or so it will kick in and give me some relief. I need to call my doctor tomorrow to get an new rx for the pain medication and since it is a narcotic it has to be an actual rx to take to the pharmacy and they cannot just do it over the phone. I am so frustrated because when I was at the dollar tree I bought some motrin and now I cannot find it! I had enought for a dose tonight and a small dose tomorrow I think that I am also going to make an appointment to see her so that we can talk about other pain relief options. I get so sad and frustrated when the pain is this bad! Mom and I had a good time together and had a really good discussion about churches and teachings and such.
So my plan for this evening is to sit lots and be on the computer or reading or t.v. and get things ready for my busy day tomorrow....i leave at 8:45 a.m. which is really really early for me and so i will get to the center about 9:30 and have a half hour before my appointment with nan. i will most likely take some yougurt and a breakfast bar to eat breakfast there and then after therapy I will wait for another 45 minutes or so and then go to cova which is the place my job coach and career developer are and I have an appointment with him and then will have some time before and after my appointment before my ride comes so am taking lunch and a puzzle book and a book to read. i really do not mind getting places early and having to wait afterwords becaue i am SO THANKFUL for the service that takes me places. I am the type of person who gets really nervous and upset if I arrive someplace late so I always make sure that I will be early and I always get nervous that say an appointment will not be over and I will have to interupt it to leave so always plan when I can to get picked up a bit after whatever I am doing is over. I also think that the price is so cheap with gas prices and such. I get a monthly pass and I can go anywhere in Franklin county and can use it limitless times so especially when I work I get more then my moneys worth! The pass is $70.00 and if I just paid cash it would be $3.00 for most trips and some of them would be $3.25 so one figures that on a typical week I use it for 12 times so if I paid out of pocket it would be $36.00 plus a week x four weeks after two weeks I have gotten my moneys worth. I have heard that they are going to raise the pass which makes sense to me but people get upset about it.
Yesterday evening I got to talk with my friend M and it was so good to talk to her! She had been on vacation with her family and went on a cruise. She had a great time! I was so happy for her that it went well for her because it was her first time to fly ever and she said after the first one she was fine. She also found out that there were lots of accessible places she could go so that was great since she uses a wheelchair. I hope that when we get together in a couple of weeks that she has her pictures developed to show me.
My lj's for today are....a really good time with my mom. I appreciate those in general yet especially when I am in one of my more acute times with my mental illnesses...I got my sister's new cd so am eager to listen to it. I was just thinking I ought to sometimes post her website and myspace and such....good books to read...of course Gracie....my blogger buddies....oh and that even though I was running way slow and behind this a.m. that I was ready when mom picked me up. Mom would have been fine if she waited some as I said it is just an issue of mine. I am not sure that I will post tomorrow even though I am trying to do it daily yet with getting up early and such a busy day not sure......
Oh I did want to mention about food. Yesterday was a really rough one! I binged big time in the evening. I would say that overall my binging has increased some now that it is November. I also am knowing that sometimes when I call it a binge it is more like overeating...of course because of amounts yet also because of the emotions that go along with it and with overeating typically I am not meaning to numb and such. It has helped keeping track of food in an email that I am going to sent to Nan once or twice a week but I sent one to her yesterday during the afternoon and since the binge I have not started one again to her....I wonder if deep inside I am embarrassed which perhaps I am but I find it really easy to talk to and share deep thoughts and feeling with her....maybe it is because of the physical pain that I did not get around to it though I do find that the more acute my physical pain is the more likely I will binge. I do also realize something that people have been telling me for years which is if you eat breakfast then one is less likely to binge. So here is a question for those who happen to read this and you can either answer here on if you have my email address and would prefer to do it that way.....what do you snack on in the evenings when you are truly hungry?

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Oh, I have terrible eating habits so don't ask me. I don't eat for most of the day and then pop a frozen pizza in the oven and munch on it all evening eating a lot before I go to bed. It is amazing I don't suffer from malnutrition these days with my eating habits as they are. I just don't get hungry until I go to bed.

I have a therapist like Nan. Her name is Barbara and I just adore her. She has helped me so much with family issues. My family is rife with drama both good and mostly bad. I feel as if I could tell her everything and that is good. I need to open up. I need someone to talk to.

Your life is so busy. Mine is so isolated, spending much of my time on the computer these days. I wish I could fill my days with things like you. I admire you and care about you deeply and thanks so much for the card tonight. It was a joy to look at and to receive. I should post this in email. It is just easier for me to write it on your blog.

Have a great night and don't get overwhelmed tomorrow with so much to do. I will be thinking of you dear friend. Sleep tight and I hope the pain subsides.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Liz...
sorry I have been so incognito...life, you know.

I usually end up eating something sugary in the evening :-( that is when I eat in the evening...its a VERY bad habit of mine because it disturbs my sleep and everything! That is my HUGEST weakness, the sugary stuff, so I try not to keep it in the house.

Miss you!

NancyK

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am doing weightwatchers right now--and honestly night eating is one of my down falls. That being said, I eat popcorn at night when I am truly hungry. I can have 5 cups for only 2 points. It's great. Sometimes I put spray butter and cheese sprinkles on it to mix it up a bit.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home