Tuesday, June 12, 2007

LOTS OF TEARS....................

lately! I think that I am grieving knowing that right now with all that is going on physically that I cannot really work though I might try to find something that I can do some and get paid cash for. I did get to JFS last week and found out that I am elgible for some help like in getting food stamps. JFS has to get documentation that I am no longer working at ACCOR. I have a spend down of $61.00 a month that I have to pay out of pocket each month and then I will get a medical card from the state which will pay for my prescriptions....that is a HUGE BLESSING. I am out of most of my medications and this week have noticed more what it is like when I do not take them and lots of thing like not sleeping and crying lots more and such. I see my doctor on Thursday so will hopefully get some samples until I can get the prescriptions filled. I get very frustrated dealing with the system like if one is on disability and trying to work and such and if I could work now and say for example if I earned $800.00 a month working my spend down would be about $600.00 so that means that I would have to pay $600.00 in medical expenses such as prescriptions or doctor copays and such before getting a card so that means each month I would only get in reality $200.00 a month for working p.t. and that is set up that way because I get Social Security Disability since I put money into Social Security when I worked...........if I had not worked much at all and had not put money into Social Security then I would get what is called SSI and if I was on that I would be able to work and once I got to a certain amount they would just take out $1.00 out of my check for every $2.00 I made over and would still be elgible for state medical card so would get my prescriptions paid for many people for about 3 or so years after they start working p.t. again still get a reduced rate for an apartment if they are getting subsidised housing and it could be like someone paying $55.00 a month for an apartment! Please understand I want people to be able to get the help that they need but it is wrong to be penalized for working and paying into Social Security. Please also understand I wish that I had momey so that I did not have to ask for help from the government especially and from family and friends.
I have been freaking out some emotionally because I do not know how I am going to make it these next months with not working and I want people to understand that I really tried hard to get a job and all of the doors shut and that I truly believe as do some others that I am doing what I am supposed to right now and that God has shown me this and other people this too.....that I need to pursue the bariatric operation and that I need to do that for my health physical and emotional and that right now if I do not do anything I will most likely end up in a scooter in a year or so plus now is a good time for the operation since overall besides the numbness of some parts of my legs and extreme pain in some parts I am in good health and want to keep it that way

I am really trying to not feel like a failure but it is very hard today to not feel like one since there is all of this stuff that needs to be done and I have the time to do it but physically or because of my mental illness(s) I cannot do them. I think I will check my email and then try and make some phone calls.

3 Comments:

Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Per 4th avenue blues I'm checking you out. I feel your pain-and it's hard to deal with seeing tomorrow when you're so numb with today. Hang in there, it will get better..we're never given anything that we can't handle.
I'll definitely be back for more for certainly!
Always,
Crusty!!!!

2:08 PM  
Blogger SpringMist said...

Same like Crusty up there.
Just dropped by ur blog today.
Things are tough at the moment but dont give up on urself.
Ur life is precious. Know tht.
I always tell myself things will get better one of these days however hard the days may get.
Bye for now.

2:21 AM  
Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

May you have less tears today than you did yesterday and more laughter to store up for days when the tears do seem to flow more freely than they should!!
Always,
Crusty!!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home