Thursday, June 07, 2007

BUSY few days..........................

leaving me with lots to think about! i had an appointment with my family doctor on monday and it went really well. we talked about inpatient treatment for the e.d. and the bariatric operation and the choices of operations one has. we talked about how the pain level has increased almost double than a year ago and she agreed that if i did not lose weight and lots of weight in the next year plus that i would be in a scooter because of the pain level being so acute and the numbness of my legs. she also said that with the treatment for e.d. and the operation she thought that the numbness of my legs would end and pain would go way down. she gave me an rx to try a new medication. it is much stronger than what i have been on.
monday evening my friend september went along with me to be a support to the information meeting for the bariatric operations. i learned lots and from the conversations that we both had with some of the team members...the doctor and nurse and others it all went really great.
dr. meyers explained everything in detail and showed how his teams stats were better than the average for other doctors and patients who go through the operation......just a few stats he has done around 500 operations of this nature...he has designed a program where a person gets much support physically and mentally and emotionally and such before and after......the average person loses 85% of the weight that they need to lose within the first year with the regular operation and i think it was about 55% with the lapband. i did decide after talking with my doctor and hearing the program i am going to go for the more extreme laproscopic operation where they reroute how the food goes.....he has only had two people die and the first person was not complying diet wise afterwords and ten days after the operation when he should have still just been on liquids he ate brocalli and peas and potatoes and so had internal bleeding and the other person also was not program reliant and took motrin soon afterwards which tears up ones stomach and again caused a bleed. the time in a hospital is usually about two days and within four hours after the operation you get up and walk and such......one last thing that i want to mention about the meeting is that before the meeting during the day i had been praying and asked God if he could show me a sign so that i knew that i was going in the direction that He wanted me to.....................so when mike got up who is on the team and also goes to central vineyard he was talking about how people's lives he had seen changed and gave two examples of two people and each person somethng that they really wanted to do but were unable to do....ell the first example was someone wanted to go to africa and the second was someone wanted to scuba dive and after the operation they both got to do those things....well that was the sign that i needed and knew it was from God because i really want to be able to go to africa and also would like to scuba dive sometime. Thank you God for those signs. So..............I decided to start the process which takes about 5 months or so to get insurance and al of the paperwork plus they like people to lose some weight before and such. I am much much much more exited than scared at this point which is also God moving. I still want and plan to get better control of my eating and still might go into an E.D. treatment center to help. my goals for june are to stop drinking pop....i cannot drink if afterwards and diet pop has so much salt also and all of the sugar in pop is not good for me so goal is to stop the pop......i also plan to stop taking motrin which one is not to take afterwards something that i use lots to help with the pain and the pop is a habit sometime that i do not even think about so both of those things i want to get out of the habit of and are doable goals i think.
today i went down to jfs and i am going to get some help THANK YOU GOD and so that is a blessing......though some things that i thought i would be doing will change now...will makie a seperate post about that. so........................are there any people out there who read this who were hard core pop drinkers and stopped and if so how did you do it?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hard core pop, but it was diet, and I just stopped buying it. I do drink it when I go out from time to time, but mostly, I stick to water and lots of it! Maybe, if you drink a pop, rinse the can or bottle and then fill it with water? I've heard some people say that works for them. I'm going to pick up a little something for you that worked for me when I lost a LOT of weight, will you be in church on Sunday where we can talk?

NancyK

4:38 AM  
Blogger mosiacmind said...

Nancy...thanks for the ideas and I will try your idea about filling the bottles with water. I will be at church for the first service this week....so perhaps we can talk a bit after that service if you are there at first or if not next week i will be at the second service.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home