Saturday, February 24, 2007

Februrary 28thth 1987.....

at 7:20 a.m. on a Saturday I gave birth to a healthy baby girl who I named Kierstin....about 72 hours later I signed papers so that she could be a adopted. It was one of those situations where I knew with several confirmations that adoption was the plan that God had for her. I was single at the time and dating her father Archie...it was not the healthiest relationship but it ended up being more like friends with benefits. I remember the place and all when I chose to tell him I was pregnant and he chose that as the time to let me know he was married and did not want anything to do with the pregnancy or myself anymore. I was very scared because of all the drugs and medications if they would have an impact on the baby...scared becaue my parents were prejudice...scared because of not making much money....and lots of other fears....also though knowing that I really really wanted this baby and knowing as far as taking care of a baby I knew how to do that quite well with having been a nanny and a daycare teacher and such.....move to the 3rd trimester and I had to be on bedrest and move back in with my mom and the doctors not knowing if she would have any problems due to the drug use and such...I was so mixed about what to do and remember being in the hospital about 7 1/2 months pregnant....I was encouraged by Rich and Marlene to put a fleece before God....so I did...I asked God that if the baby was to be placed for adoption that families would come foward...being fine with the baby being mixed race....living in a community where there were multi races in church and school settings...that the family would be alright with any health defects or problems that the baby might have...that there be at least one silbing.....the next day Rich got 10 yes 10 phone calls from people out of the blue wanting to adopt and wanted to adopt a special needs or hard to place baby!!! So....moving onto her birth day....the labor was really really long but then the pushing was really really short like 20 minutes and I was able to do it without medication....but I have a very very high pain tolerence and still have that....she was a beautiful baby girl and was healthy with no problems at birth. God is Good!!! I am really happy with myself for doing what God wanted me to do even though it was the hardest things that I have ever done...and there were other reasons why that now is not the place to share. I still think of her almost daily. I would like to know how she is yet I will not search for her unless God leads me to do that. I am open if she wants to know me. I did find out years ago that when she started school that she did not seem to have issues with learning...God again is so good with putting all of that in place! I did find out her first name which is not the name that I named her. I have signed papers and let people know if someone contacts them wanting to know about me that is fine. Oh also at the time she was born Rich was still working with doing adoptions and working at the church. My sister Marianne and I were talking recently and said that if she has not searched it must mean that she had a good life so far...yes I would like to some day meet her and see how she is and what life has been like for her and also to share with her some things. I did write a letter that explained lots to her for when she got older and also sent a Bible....the only regret that I have is that the family and I did not stay in touch...like an open adoption..one more very sweet story about her and I's time together...the doctor let me stay in the hospital so that I could spend lots of time together during the 72 hours..and one time I went down to visit and the nurse knew I was going to take pictures and had found a really pretty gowns for her and put a bow in her hair and she looked so so very pretty. I guess I just want to add if by chance Nicole you ever read this and want to get in contact that is great and if you do not want to that is alright too just know that I loved you so much then and still and always..and think how special you are to God that all those people wanted you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home