Sunday, May 25, 2008

Rough Night but Better Day

well it is not really a surprize to me and that is that i had to start walking with my walker today. i have been having a massive amount of pain with my knee. it kept me up last night. i again missed going to church due to the being up all night...fear of walking the steps at church...today once i got up and the pain medication kicked in some and i switched from walking with the cane and to the walker the day got better. i also had a big joy waiting for me on the computer when i got a email from my good friend andrew.
mom helped me with the walker to figure out if it is best to walk down the step or in the grass so going down the step it is easier to have someone hold the walker with me stepping down and then getting back up it works better for me to use the walker on the grass. i had decided i thought to go to the quick side of the e.r. where they treat things such as sprains and colds and such. i think that i sprained my knee when i fell and then tripped.
mom and i had a good time together...we ate at steak and shake and then went to watch the boats that were on the river. i think next time that we go to the river we are going to take crumbs to feed the geese. we went by to the loca airport to watch the planes but no action was happening....i am back at home and doing some laundry and playing on the computer.
i am thinking that i will make it an early time for bed and rest my legs and watch t.v. i think gracie is settling down for a nap right now. she has enjoyed the outside but she gets so barky that i have to make her come in and usually have to bribe her with a treat when it is so nice out. i hope that she is calmer later on when i let her out. speaking of gracie she was so good when i was in such pain and could not get up and down lots to have her come inside and go outside so she was in lots last night and then this morning. she ususally will sleep as long as i am either laying down or sleeping but today she was not sleeping in. i think it had to do with her going to sleep so early last night. she is such a joy and treasure in my life even when she or i are having a rough day. i am curious to see how others weekends are so going to do some blog reading.................

2 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

My knee has been killing me, too. I don't need a walker or cane yet, but it is getting more difficult.

I over did it last weekend planting flowers and working in the garage for a few hours. The cement floor is the worse thing for my knee. I was hoping it would get better, but not yet.

Good idea. I am going to bed early, too!

6:39 PM  
Blogger SOUL said...

i;m sorry you are having such trouble with your pain. you really seem like a person who likes to get up and out and enjoy yourself and when the pain keeps you down it's just gotta be rough. especially away from church. it seems there oughtta be someone or some way to help get you to church easier. there's so many who aren't willing to or don't want to go..any one who wants to go would be able to be there no matter what-sorry that doesn't happen for you.
do they have a bus..or a van that runs ? that could help you?

anyhow-- the time with your mom sounds good. it sounds like y'all have a good relationship.

hope you have a good day today--with less pain.
c ya latah

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home