Sunday, April 06, 2008

Back from shopping............

and i got many great buys! i am always amazed at what Dollar Tree has....things such as 3 pairs of socks for a dollar.....paper and pens...food products...magazines.....pet things etc etc....Gracie is now stocked up for awhile with treats and bones and food....i am stocked up on soap and things like that...another thing that i like is that i tend to treat myself some when i go so i bought a new find the word puzzle book...musk body lotion and spray...i mean for total of 3 bucks i am worth it. it is so nice out today! mom and i sat out on the bench outside of the pizza place since it was so nice today. i am so glad though to be back home because of my pain. i felt like my knee sounded like rice krispies..snap crackle and pop....
i think that i have mentioned that my mom reminds me of a duracell bunny for all she does at her age.....today she got together a breakfast for the people at church...baked what needed bakes made biscuits and strawberry butter and organized it all and went shopping for it all....then we got together and went out to eat and then to a few stores.....she amazes me at 79 years young.
so some lj's about the weekend...going to the library...watching some shows i like on t.v.. being treated to lunch....treating myself at the dollar store...getting great bargains there also...getting socks i know a little thing yet needed because i tend to wear out socks fast...the beautiful day....seeing hannah a baby who is 3 weeks old at church today..mom saying that she would pay for half of what i got today without me even asking...the feeling that i am stocked up on lots of things and most likely the only thing i will need to get well want to get since pop is not quite a need though it feels like it at times but anyway i will need to in a week or so get stocked up on pop again...well i am really tired due to the pain but i want to stay awake so that i do not take a nap and then not sleep good tonight.....on to do some emails.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

You have the nice day today, we had it yesterday.

Glad you got to shop and stock up. It always feels good to have the shopping caught up, doesn't it?

My knee makes the same noise! Sometimes it makes me whince.
Hope your pain gets better.

Your mom does sound amazing! What a busy woman. You are so luck to have her.

Have a nice rest of the evening.

Lena

3:46 PM  
Blogger villain820 said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Great weather to boot, here it was rainy - yuk.

I know it makes me feel better to be stocked up. My father and I make a trip to BJ's every other month.

Your Mother seems like a wonder. I am lucky if my father leaves the house. Good for her!

Take care.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Sharyna said...

You're lucky to have such an active mom and such a support group! I lost both my parents years ago. I am so glad Andrew introduced us!

sharyna

3:02 PM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

I'm glad you had a good shopping trip. I'm gonna have to get out to Dollar Tree. They have some good stuff there.

Take care and sleep well!

5:38 PM  
Blogger SOUL said...

you just made me wanna go to dollar tree-- i haven't been there in ages! i usually go to the other dollar store-but it seems they always have the same stuff-- at least dollar store has a variety once in a while eh?

hope you have less pain today! it really does take a lot out of ya doesn't it?

happy tuesday!

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home