Friday, March 07, 2008

Snow Snow Snow.........

the snow is so pretty! i hope that we do not get 12 inches like predicted. i am so glad to be back home! i do not plan to go to group tonight due to the issues i have walking in the snow and also running on like two hours of sleep since wednesday. my appointment with al my new case manager went really well. he is nice man and he is really helpful. he has been a case manager for a few years now and has a degree in something that deals with mental illnesses. i am so relieved to have a new case manager who knows what he is doing and also who has good boundaries.

i am wondering if i am having a bipolar swing because with as i said two hours of sleep (none on wednesday night and two last night) and i am in a really good mood and feeling hopeful and have some plans for things that i want to get done this weekend. i typically freak some with intense weather and having to stay in but i am not even freaking a bit which is unusual for me. i think that i will not try to focus on why i am in a good space and just try to enjoy it.

i just want to share how much i am so blessed to have gracie my dog! she is such a sweetie and seems to understand my moods. she is so exited to have the snow. i got back home and opened the door and she ran in and out and in and out and looked at me like i am so glad you are back home and i can play in the snow. she is acting like an older dog with sleeping more and such and with her having some arthritis. wednesday night when i did not sleep she woke up and saw i was awake and hopped on the bed and wanted me to scratch her ears and neck and then turned around for me to scratch her back and then laid there for a few minutes and then hopped down and got back on her bed and went to sleep. yesterday after my intense session with nan and such she knew that i would want to pet her more so made sure to be where i could pet her. i know she is spoiled in many ways yet i feel spoiled by her with all of her attention that she gives me and how she knows me so well my moods and such. she is sure a big joy in my life!

some lj's from the past couple of days...having good mainstream drivers...mom treating me to dinner yesterday...being able to talk with vicki the receptionist where i see nan and my mental illnesses doctor we enjoy chatting and often times when the office is busy we do not get a chance to talk. we just enjoy chatting with each other...mom and i going to aldis and such so that we would have some of our favorite comfort foods for this weekend when we both knew we would be inside most of it...blogger buddies.....getting to see my sister and bil this week....

these past few weeks there has been lots of intense life issues going on not only with myself but also with friends i know from church and blogger friends. there is much that saddens me that is going on in the world today around us not just in the church i go to or in the united states but it seems all over the world. i know that when i am feeling overwealmed that it is times like that especially that i need to cry out to God. i need to remember too that there are things that i will never know the whys of...i need to remember too that 24/7 God is here and can handle whatever feelings that I have at the time. i have found myself praying less and worrying more and questioning more (why some things are happening). i need to find myself praying more and worrying less and questioning less. i need to isolate less when that means often for me blogging more and emailing people more. i need to remember too h.a.l.t. which is used in aa and na much....it stands for hungry angry lonely and tired and when one is not taking care of thes basics then life gets chaotic and when one chooses to take care and eats well and does not stuff emotions and does not isolate and gets rest then life is easier to handle. i do not mean for this to sound like i am depressedbecause i am just pondering much lately and really am in a good space today.
o.k. a question for today is what is one of your comfort foods? one of my comfort foods is rice...i think that i could eat rice every day...white or wild or quick or regular eat it with butter or with cheese or in a pudding...i like it for any meal....some other favorites that come to mind are kraft mac and cheese...ice cream...pretzels dipped in peanut butter....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home