Saturday, March 22, 2008

saturday......................

as i sit here i am enjoying the music on the radio....enjoying some homemade beef and noodles mom made for me so yummy with homemade noodles...enjoying reading blogs and enjoying writing too... and gracie is enjoying a bone....so starting out with some lj's. : )
today has been a good day so far...i slept pretty good without night terrors so that is good. i went to the prayer vigil for a couple of hours. it is always interesting to see what people write and list out as requests and praises. i spent a good amount of time reading the psalms as prayers and also reading the words to some of the worship songs that we sing at church. the afternoon was quiet with during the time that i was there not many people at all in fact for some time it was just pastor jeff and i. we had some good conversations. he is one of those people who is easy for me to talk to and we relate really well. i was able to pass up eating any of the goodies that people had brought so was pleased with myself for making that decision. i have been really enjoying the little packs of cookies that are only 100 calories at a time though i have been eating like two packages at a time which is not great but still kind of low on the calories.
it snowed today! it did not stick yet it was surprizing to me when i let gracie out this morning to see the snow just very very light. it was kind of pretty but i was glad when i stopped it. i tell you the weather in ohio can be so strange! people who live in ohio often say if you are not happy with the weather just wait a few hours and most likely it will change. i am ready for spring to be here. i like not too hot or too cold i really like it when it is like between 55 and 70 degrees or so. i often think that i would enjoy someplace where it is warmer most of the time but i have too many connections here and my supports professional ones are so good and are here and friends and such plus i would not do well dealing with hurricanes.
i am so pleased that with tomorrow being Easter that there are some businesses closing. i just i guess am old fashioned but felt it was respectful and also beyond that good for the business owners to have a day closed like when they used to all be closed on sunday. i think that there are places in the south still are closed on sunday right? tomorrow i will go to church and then will as typical go with mom out to eat. my mom bought me a new shirt and if it is warm enough i think that i might wear it tomorrow. it is for sure a spring shirt with the light material and such. it was a sweet surprize when she bought my jeans she bought it for me. speaking of the jeans they are long so long that i have to have a cuff so when i wash them and they shrink some the length should be great..often times pants end up being shorter than i like them. i think too the next time we get them i can get a size smaller which i am exited about too. one more thing that has NOTHING to do with what i have been writing about but again i am hooked on bubble gum! i sure get addicted to things quickly. i also have switched to drinking instead of mainly diet pepsi drinking coca cola zero which tastes more like regular pop to me. what do you think? what kind of pop do you drink if you are one who drinks pop? that is the question of the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger John McCollum said...

I used to drink Diet Coke, but now it tastes terrible to me. I drink Coke when I'm in Asia, but rarely here...

6:30 PM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

I am sooo hooked on Sierra Mist Free. I know I drink way too much of it.

I would not like the weather changing that much. Here you can expect cloudy and a lot of times rainy. Today it was cloudy and windy, but still nice enough to take the kiddo's to the park.

Enjoy Easter, sister! He is Risen!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Sharyna said...

I don't drink cola unless I am out. Then I drink diet. I mostly drink water, making sure that I get enough. I love it when you drop by my blog.

sharyna

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home