Friday, March 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER.....

Today has been a good day even with my not sleeping last night. I had a mini meltdown last evening after such a good day. I was not surprized with so much intense things going on yet as many people know melt downs are now fun at all. Teresa a friend from church I talked with her and she prayed for me and talked with me and got me to thinking about some things a different way...yet still my brain was sure busy last night.
Lunch was really good at Red Lobster. I had the pick two types of shrimp and oh it was so yummy! It was a good visit with my sister and brother in law...Mom had a good time too. I went to Dollar Tree afterwards and picked up a few things...the deals are so great there...such as 3 pairs of socks for a dollar...the type of big chew bones Gracie likes also for a dollar and oh they have a box of individual packs of cookies that each pack is 100 calories and they had two boxes for one dollar. Dollar Tree is one of my favorite stores because items in the store are actually all a dollar or two for a dollar...I dislike when the sign makes one think everything is a dollar and that is not true. I went also to Giant Eagle for some items. The store was really busy and stores being busy really does bring out some unfriendly people who do not want to wait...I really try to make an effort to be extra kind and friendly to people a challange some days more than others.
One thing that I am realizing is that Ohio has more services for people who struggle with mental illnesses than others from what people share. I do feel blesed even thought at times things are hard I try and remember that I do have things better than other states. It sounds weird but it also works in my good that I am considered SMD (severely mentally disabled) that is the term that they use if one has more than one mental illness....and as Nan and I were talking yesterday it is just a term used on paper to descibe people for things like services and such.I also know that with being hooked up with two of the best centers in this area and in the state has helped........the one center I see my doctor at and also my psychiatric doctor...the other one is where I have my case mananger from.I think also many people do not know all of the services that are availabe to them....there is a website that I want to find the address of and encourage people to go to becauuse with answering some questions one can know what he or she is elgible for. I think many people just do not know where to turn to find out what is available to them. I will try and do some searching this weekend hoping that I can find the website and share it with my blogger buddies.
Tonight starts the prayer vigil so am leaving here soon to go to it.......I will add lj's later on...............

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Hi Mosiacmind,

I too feel lucky that I have pretty good services for mental health care where I live. It is surprising for such a small state, but the treatment is rather progressive and recovery oriented. I've been happy with my case workers and doctors. I think those kind of things can make a big difference. There are probably services that I'm not even aware of.

I hope you're having a good weekend!

Mike

12:58 PM  
Blogger Sharyna said...

I can't believe how many of us there are out there! Makes me feel more normal.

sharyna

1:02 PM  
Blogger mosiacmind said...

Here are two sites that have some helpful stuff I think

www.disabilityInfo.gov
GovBenefits.gov

Hope that helps some.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home