Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Awake ALL Night.................

I was awake ALL night! It was one of those nights where my brain did not turn off...and of course it was not happy thoughts. It did not help that I slept so much yesterday and with getting up so late yesterday was unable to take some of my medications. It did not help too that my brain keeps rehashing some old memories that believe me are not good ones. I did get it together to get up and dressed because Steve was coming over to give me some estimates for fixing the shower and such.
Today I am getting a pedicure! I have never had one before...neither has my mom and we are both going to get one. My friend S recommended the beauty school close to her that they are both good and inexpensive. It really seems like a luxery in a way with all of the money issues going on with Mom and I but we both need one and I think we both could use some pampering.
Food was not good yesterday. I think that I am going to start trying to remember to write down what I eat and when I eat it and what was going on...emotions and where I was and such. I have decided since it is going to be at least 6 months until the process can begin that the more that I document the faster it will go with the insurance company deciding if they will authorize the operation. I try to remind myself that I am REALLY doing better at not binging. So some ideas if one feels like sharing what helps you if you struggle with food issues and how do you avoid binging when you really want to escape and such.
I want to focus again on lj's because it really does help me to think of not just the bad and the hard and the frustrating but also the good things that happen....i really enjoyed american idol last evening...it is a spring like day with the sun shining and the temperature is 57 degrees...even though i was awake all night i did not eat or binge...i really enjoy being connected with other blogger buddies...coca cola zero to me tastes more like regular pop than diet pop.....having a manicure later on today...
i was SO glad that i checked on my trips for tomorrow today! there was nothing in the computer about it so made them for tomorrow and then someone came to the door for a ride i had scheduled and that is when i figured out that they had put in the trip for today and not tomorrow. i really was so glad that i checked! tomorrow someone from church is going to see nan with me to help find out how that they can help me with the mental illnesses and such...i am SO blessed to be a part of a church that accepts me as I am and everybody as he or she is and encourages us all to be better Jesus loving people. so i enjoy asking a question and what people share....so i think that my question for today is have you had a manicure before and if so was it a positive experience for you?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

So sorry you did not sleep last night. It is tough to function with no sleep!

American Idol was so good last night. Such strong contenders!

Good for you on getting a pedicure. You are worth spending money on! I went for my first one this summer and I loved it. Time for another.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Sharyna said...

I love mani/pedis! I used to get them all the time until this money thing happened to me. Wish there was a beauty school near me!

sharyna

2:26 PM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

The other night I only got 3 hours of sleep so I feel your pain. It makes the day kind of miserable.

I love getting manicures/pedicures. With manicures they typically massage your hands and arms and it is a delightful feeling. I love it. The pedicure is torture for me cuz I'm overly ticklish, but afterwards my feet feel Wonderful.

3:23 PM  
Blogger 2sunset said...

Hi Mosey! I am back in the life of the living. I too was having trouble sleeping.
Hey, now a pedicure seems like a great idea.
Thanks!

10:40 PM  
Blogger villain820 said...

Not being able to sleep stinks and it brings out all my anxieties...yuk!

The mani and pedi sounds wonderful. I have had a manicure before but not a pedicure. It does wonders for your self-esteem.

So have fun!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home