Friday, December 28, 2007

Rainy Evening

well it is a rainy evening and i am so glad to be home! today was a MUCH better than yesterday. i went to bed early last night and it was one of those fall asleep on the couch and then move to the bed hours later. i woke up really early but it was alright...gracie did really good with being up that early and not barking or whining to go outside. i decided to do with her like i used to do when i was a daycare teacher or nanny and kept most of the place dark just turning on the lights to go where i needed so i needed the lights so that i did not fall and she for the most part stayed asleep
today i had lunch with my oldest nephew..we had a great time and talked lots and laughed lots. it was nice i know for him to get out some without the kids and all. we went and ate indian food which we both really like but nobody else in the family like it so we decided we will try to meet like at least every other month for indian or other type of food that we like or are adventueous to have. he lives abiout an hour west of me so with gas prices and he working second shift whiich is actually like 7:00 p.m. till 3:00 am we do not get together much plus with he having a house full.....3 kids under 10 , 1 teenager, 1 young adult and his mother in law so full full house. i miss not seeing him more and it is one of the few times that i would like to be able to drive. i decided to that i am going to sign papers so he can make medical decisions for me if i am unable to do so.
i had an appointment at cova and that was alright....no job leads to follow but i keep looking. i did have a good time talking with cory my career develper/ job coach. mom picked me up and we went to walgreens. i had a HUGE blessing in that with the plan for medicare that i am on once you have spent and they have spent a certain amount than your mdications for free! the pharmecy also let me get my refills early for januray since i would get them fior free and then in january it will start agin with my paying part and such
i am planning on staying inside and not getting out till sunday to go to church. i often do not do well if i do not get out but with being so busy this week i am looking foward to it...clean some....do puzzles..laundry..play with gracie....i call it nesting when i stay at home for a few days at a time.
so lj's for today....my friend andrew feeling better....going to walgreens and stocking up on things...mom gave me some leftovers from her dinner party last night so it will be quite yummy and so sweet of her...talking with jerah...indian food...laughing with cory and amy at cova....liking what is on t.v.....hanging out with gracie more and looking foward to being at home lots for her...getting inside before the downpour of rain......being really o.k and looking foward to staying in for a day or so until sunday...a big joy from yesterday is that when we were all freaking out that i called and got the angency to call nan at home and we talked some and it helped calm us down.... also my therapist nan was getting a bigger george foreman grill and so she gave me hers!!! i have not tried it yet because i needed to wait until i got some stuff to cook on itl...since my stoeve and oven are not working i am used to just microwaving things and such so that is also a big joy.....having email and blogger buddies....hoping one of my other nephews will come on sunday and go out to eat with mom and i.....having books i have not read....when no matter if i have been away awhile or jut to get the mail gracie is just delighted when i come back into our place.....doing alright today even though due to my weird sleeping last night i did not take my nightime medications and i did take the morning ones so to me those are the most needed except the serequil because most times unless i had to take pain medications i do not fall asleep without it....oh and a surprize from paul (my stepdad who died two years ago) was at moms place yesterday and left me a present which was some towels for the kitchen and like a overn glove and then some lotion. so tongiht it is so good to be feeling calm again which is for sure a big joy..................

3 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling calm today. What a relief for you, I am sure.

I am giving you the website of the author of Eat,Pray,Love,by Elizabeth Gilbert. Basically the book is about her journey of self discovery traveling through Italy, India, and the Indonesian island of Bali. It is a very well written, moving, funny, and inspiring story. The website has great information on it. Enjoy.

http://www.elizabethgilbert.com/index.htm

8:45 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I’m glad you had a better day!

I’ve been doing the same thing the past couple nights- falling asleep on the couch and waking up hours later to go to bed.

Sounds like a nice lunch with your nephew. I really like Indian food too.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Moohaa said...

Hey! I'm back around... I'll be catching up on your blog. I've missed you. And if you want to email me, my email is themoohaa@live.com. I'd love to hear from you!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home