Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING..............

Today has been an interesting day. Mom and I spent the afternoon at my friend September's home. She and her family (husband and two daughters) and extended family (Joes parents and Septembers mom) have always been so welcoming! I was nervous about going because of all that has been going on mental illnesses wise and such. I tend to get nervous whenever I am having lots of symptoms (such as hallucinations and such) and not at home. My mom said that I did fine with conversations when I asked her on the way home. I just get exhausted when trying to keep people from knowing about the symptoms going on and making sure that I do not say...well I am seeing or saw such and such or heard such and such from the walls or cars or ???? wherever the hallucinations are happening. I also had to deal with a nervous stomach and such too... and add to that with sleep and time being off norm I had to hurry to get ready this a.m. and had to stop at Walgreens on the way so I made Mom and I late getting there...Sep was fine about it but sill it just addes more to my brain to obsess about. So.........................as much as it went well it was good to get home.
I made a decision today that I know there will be lots of varied opinions about....but I just felt that it was one that I wanted and needed to try..............due to many reasons. So for right now I decided that out of the four psych meds that I am on I am just going to take one of them. I might try to see how I do reducing the one that I decided to stay on but it is the one that helps with sleep so probably will keep taking that one. Yes I know it does not sound smart with all that is going on to do that but my brain right now thinks that it is a good decision since I am having problems remembering to take them and remembering what the right dosage is since I get samples of those three there is not like a label which how much to take and such.............like a blogger buddy of mine I get tired of the side effects of them also.
I was planning on making a gratitude list last night and then thought of it today and then tonight I am thinking maybe tomorrow................so some lj's of today.....walgreens was open.......pat called and wished me a happy thanksgiving (i missed the call yet it was sweet that he called).......emails and blogger comments.......mom fixing me rice and some other items that i can microwave since my oven and stove do not work.......gracie who no matter if i am gone for a few minutes or hours is delighted to see me.......seeing a few flakes of snow.......cable t.v........another gracie lj is that she likes when i sing to her and even joins in at times.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Glad you were about to get out and then get home safe! You did it! It took all I could muster to go to the church to eat yesterday. I was so nervous about being around strangers, but I was hungry and lonely, and the church people welcomed me. Hope today is better and that you got some good rest. Give Gracie a belly rub for me!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home