Thursday, June 19, 2008

Shout out for fans..................

I do not have a.c. because it is broke but I have 3 fans now including the ceiling fan and it has helped so much putting one in the bedroom window in the main room along with the ceiling fan it has not been bad at all. I am so grateful. It has been a better day than night due to my pain level being high. I have been playing with Gracie and on the computer and waiting for a friend to drop off some things for me.
Mom has made for a few weeks now cabbage soup and it is so good and she says it is easy to make so I think when it gets cooler that I will try to make it myself.. I really like soup and I think that I could eat it every day....even in warm weather. I used to watch a little guy who liked what we called "dry" soup and it was soup wthout the broth and he really liked chicken noodle soup that way and other. I miss him and knowing that I have not seen Nikia for years and he is 16 I would like to hang out with him and him moms. He is going to take a walk about out of the country next year I hear..I think that I am going to try to get in contact with his mom to see about us meeting for coffee or something....
The places that i want to contact in the next few days are places that I can volunteer at....a agency to see about getting a home health aide to come and help me. I need to have a doctor request it and I think that it would be something that both my regular doctor and psych doctor are wanting for me to get the help that I need.
So now that I am back it is time for me to think of some lj's....I have experienced some big joys with the people helping me with my home...having a new bed...having a stove and oven that work....people stocking me up on grocieries...getting to spend time with Mom yesterday....watching some t.v. shows that made me think and not just zone out......finding some capris that i forgot I had...so what little or big joys would you like to share?
Oh one more thing that I wanted to share is trying to make myself have a five minute rule and that is based on my therapist nan one of her rules which is a two minute rule but since i walk so i switched it a five minute and it is if something can be done in five minutes than do not put it off just do it right then and wow has that helped me. well i need to make some phone calls....

3 Comments:

Blogger Moohaa said...

Our big joy today was getting a flat tire AFTER an important meeting and we were able to get it to the tire place where our tire was $50 cheaper then we were told to get it replaced! Yea!!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

I love soup in summer, too! It is my comfort food I guess.

We have a ceiling fan in our family room. I love it! I want one for my bedroom next!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Sharyna said...

One lj for me is having you back on the computer, dear friend! I missed you and Gracie!

sharyna

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home