Thursday, January 10, 2008

Marianne's dr visit....................

this is the email my sister just sent me about her doctor's visit that they found out what is going on the doctor and staff were very nice. he was so patient to explain things and answer my questions and such he suggests that he does surgery (and can do it very soon!) he said he would not do it for the pain only, or other symptoms alone, but for the protection of my spinal cord...due to the narrowed canal which risks damage.

in the meantime he gave me a prescriptioon for a cervical collar!
the surgery would be an overnight, and they would go in through the front of my neck, removing the disc at C5 & C6, fusion, and putting in the new PEEK material (which is a plastic of sorts). in days past (he has been at it 25 years) they took part of your hip bone, but he said that made your hip hurt worse than your neck!
said this has been very successful and that hopefully i would have most movement and return to normal activites in around six wks!

i have not scheduled it yet, but feeling very positive about it all...

i am soooooooooo glad that the doctors finally figures out what is wrong with her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Moohaa said...

The answer is a blessing, the surgery sounds Painful!! But, hopefully that, too, will end as a blessing of less to no pain. The thought of another surgery scares me to death!

How are you today?

11:27 AM  
Blogger jAMiE said...

I hope everything goes well with her surgery. I had an aunt that had it...it was painful for her but well worth it she says.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Rhette said...

Hi,
Happy New Year back at you :) You're busy too & I'm sorry if I have not been in touch. I love the blueberry muffins. Hope all is well with you?

I will keep your sister in my prayers

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home